Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Avocado Shake

I love avocados, but I tend to buy a big bag of them and they all ripen at the same time. It's either make a lot of things with avocados or toss them. As you can tell I opt for using them :)



This sounds like it shouldn't be good, but it is! It's yet another recipe from Weelicious. In case you can't tell I like the site!



Ingredients

1 Large Ripe Avocado

1 Large Ripe Banana

1 Cup Milk (Can use Rice, Soy Etc.)

1 Handful of Ice

Honey or Maple Syrup (Optional)



Toss all ingredients into the blender/food processor (after peeling/pitting the fruit of course!), and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy. I like to drizzle a little honey on top for decoration and a little extra flavour. This freezes well as popsicles, but definitely needs a tablespoon or two of honey (or other sweetener) since flavours are never as strong once they are frozen.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!